What is an air purifier? Also known as an air cleaner, it is an innovative tech device that eliminates indoor air pollutants as well as other contaminants. As a result, it makes the air inside your room clean and fresh to breathe. Popular pollutants and contaminants are among them pet dander, mold spores, disease-causing germs and pathogens, second-hand smoke, and dust. Left unchecked, such indoor air spoilers may often cause you various allergic reactions and respiratory ailments. Some of them also make your indoor space stuffy, sometimes with embarrassing odor.
- Best Air Purifiers in 2017 Reviews
- 10. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Air Cleaner
- 9. GermGuardian AC4100 Air Cleaner
- 8. GermGuardian AC5250PT Air Cleaner
- 7. Honeywell HPA300 Allergen Remover
- 6. Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04532GM Air Cleaner
- 5. GermGuardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer
- 4. Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier
- 3. Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator Air Purifier
- 2. OION B-1000 Ionic Air Purifier
- 1. GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System
Best Air Purifiers in 2017 Reviews
The service of a great performance air purifier, therefore, becomes a wonderful solution to such common indoor air problems. However, to invest in a good quality model of this device, you might find a challenge. Especially the many models flooding the current market can easily confuse a first timer trying to tell the best ones apart. Of course, you want to pay for something that rides off most air contaminants effectively, runs quietly, is energy efficient, and demands only occasional maintenance. Good models also integrate quality HEPA filters for excellent air cleaning results. In that regard, we will help you enjoy breathing fresh and healthy air in your room by taking you through the top 10 best home air purifiers in 2017 reviews. Read to the end and discover your most relevant option.
10. Winix WAC9500 Ultimate Air Cleaner
One of the most effective models today, Winix WAC9500 is a wonderful air cleaner that utilizes authentic HEPA filtration technology to remove an impressive 99.99% of indoor air spoilers. Distinct from some other options in the competition, the Winix has a quality washable carbon filter plus pre-filter for delivering extra air freshness.
Moreover, it integrates PlasmaWave technology for killing all the available ill-causing organisms. It further features an auto mode for fan speed regulation, which depends on the quality of your indoor air.
- Integrated LED alert for letting you know when to replace filters
- Quiet but efficient operation
- Its All-in-1 filter has to be replaced every year
9. GermGuardian AC4100 Air Cleaner
GermGuardian is a popular brand in this space, with some of its air purifier models ranking high in performance. For instance, this AC4100 is a 3-in-1 air cleaning system that boasts a functional HEPA filter for the proper eradication of up to 99% of indoor air contaminants. Pollen, pet dander, and dust among other pollutants will not trouble you any longer if you use this device.
In addition to the HEPA, the system also features a charcoal filter for bad odor reduction, mostly caused by tobacco smoke and any other second-hand smoke types. Moreover, GermGuardian AC4100 has UVC light technology for combating ill health causing organisms—viruses and bacteria—from your indoors.
- Allows 3-speed adjustments, depending on the air quality
- Great for both large and small rooms
- It is a bit noisy when in use
8. GermGuardian AC5250PT Air Cleaner
Elegantly black colored, this is another air purifier from GermGuardian that also ranks among the best ten available models today. It is a good performance system that, like others in its class, uses HEPA filter for cleaning your room space air up to 99.97% excellence. Again, it has a special Pet Pure Treatment feature for killing mold spores and combating the bacteria that develop on the surface of its filter.
Self-maintenance function of a sort. There is also an integrated charcoal filter for purposes of riding away bad odors and tobacco smell from your room’s interior.
- Device has a 5-speed fan
- Great choice for medium and large room space
- Filter has UVC light technology for killing pathogens
- Complaints about loud operation
7. Honeywell HPA300 Allergen Remover
Another popular brand in the category, Honeywell delivers on its promise of excellence. To prove it, the Honeywell HPA300 is a high-performance indoor air cleaning solution that incorporates true HEPA filters. These filters are responsible for cleaning your room air by 99.97% contaminants eradication.
Its mechanical operation pulls the stale air while releasing fresh, clean air back into your room. Moreover, it boasts an active carbon pre-filter for fighting odors. An integrated timer allows you to easily set your desired time for the allergen remover, which translates to both great results and energy efficiency.
- This air cleaner offers 3 fan speed settings
- It is Association of Home Appliance Manufacturers certified
- On the low-speed, the allergen remover runs silently
- Lacks microbes killing feature
6. Hamilton Beach TrueAir 04532GM Air Cleaner
Hamilton Beach is a common brand name in most home appliances, and it is not an exception when you need a quality air cleaner. Their TrueAir 04532GM room air purifier and odor eliminator don’t leave dust, odors, and other contaminants to spoil your moments in your good room.
It features a 2-speed switch for easy adjustment of the fan speed, depending on how much your indoor space is polluted. It has a quiet running fan, recommending it as a top choice for use in study rooms, bedrooms, office, and other spaces where noise is unwelcome.
- Its air filter is quite energy efficient
- It includes a scent cartridge, adding sweet fragrance through the room
- No virus or bacteria killing feature
5. GermGuardian GG1000 Pluggable UV-C Air Sanitizer
GermGuardian GG1000 is a best seller product does not embarrass on matters indoor air purification. It is a great quality pluggable air sanitizer doubling as an odor reducer for even more commendable air cleaning results.
It utilizes the innovative UV-light technology for the elimination of all undesirable smells and disease causing microbes. Unlike some other models, GG1000 comes ready to use, no assembly or setup required. Thanks to its compact size, it is fit for small rooms to use.
- No assembly, simple to use design
- Requires less maintenance relative to models with replaceable filters
- Odor remover and air sanitizer covered by 1-year warranty
- May not eliminate pet dander, pollen, or dust
4. Honeywell HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier
The HFD-120-Q QuietClean Tower Air Purifier, a product of the famous Honeywell, has effective PEFA filters that ensure you can have 99% of the airborne pollutants and other contaminants cleaned from inside your room.
It has a functional LED touch-button for convenient, swift adjustment through its 3-speed settings. Its permanent filters are washable, thus cutting down on the maintenance cost significantly. An ARB-approved product, it meets the Federal Ozone regulations.
- Has Energy-Star rated filter
- Very minimal maintenance
- Regarded as its quiet operation
- Lacking pathogen-killing UV germicidal system
3. Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator Air Purifier
With a large unit design, the Enerzen Commercial Ozone Generator serves you many purposes for the best of indoor breathing air: deodorizer, air purifier, and air sterilizer. It features a permanent high-grade filter, eliminating the need for replacements.
Regardless of the massive body, it has a lightweight and convenient design, rendering it easy to move from room to room for easy utility. Interestingly, it is one of the most power efficient options. A steel casing makes it quite durable.
- It is CE approved
- Fit for home as well as commercial use
- Timer function for greater air cleaning control
- Wheels could have made it easier to move
2. OION B-1000 Ionic Air Purifier
OION B-1000 is another remarkable solution to those shopping for a reliable air purifier with a permanent filter. Designed to save energy while delivering the best-expected results, this device brings you the appreciable performance of an electrostatic ionizer purification technology for getting rid of any indoor air pollutants, even those as tiny as 0.01 microns.
In addition, this unit integrates an incredible carbon filtration system ideal for odor elimination, as well as UVGI technology for effective eradication of most airborne ill-health causing germs. You can be sure to breathe perfectly purified air whenever you use this wonderful device.
- OION B-1000 is UL and ARB approved
- Permanent filters reduce operation cost
- Remarkably silent operation
- Blue LED light might disturb at night
1. GermGuardian AC4825 3-in-1 Air Cleaning System
The reason why GermGuardian’s Air Purifier models have dominated the market is one—they all deliver excellent results while remaining in shape for long. That is probably why on top of the best air cleaners of the day comes another GermGuardian—the AC4825—a 3-in-1 air cleaning system whose true HEPA filters cleanse your indoor space air by taking away 99.97% of its contaminants.
Besides, a quality charcoal filter is added to remove odors that make your room feel stuffy. Another highlight is its UV-C light technology for killing any disease causing germs in your indoor air.
- Meets high safety standards
- It is energy star rated for power efficiency
- Its 3-speed fan settings offer greater convenience and performance
- Includes charcoal filter
- Some noise on the first days of use
If left, the many possible indoor air pollutants likely trigger allergic disorders, diseases and respiratory health ailments. A quality air purifier is a great solution to such health risks, for it clears the contaminants effectively, leaving you with fresh and clean air to breathe. For the very best value from these devices, consider your most suitable model from the above highlighted options.