Riding your bike on a beautiful, sunny morning has to be one of the best experiences of life. Pumping on your mountain bike pedals, passing by lush green trees, and arriving at a beautiful spot for a day picnic. What could be better than that?! Chances are, that a large part of the population would pick this over any other leisure activity anyday.
This is why anyone who has taken to cycling regularly will hate it is they couldn’t do it anymore. Broken or non functioning mountain bike pedals are one reason why somebody would be forced to stop cycling.
For this reason, we have decided to review 10 of the best mountain bike pedals today. By using one of the following mountain bike pedals, we hope to enrich the entire biking experience for you. Let’s begin.
- Best Mountain Bike Pedals
- 10. The MEETLOCKS Bike Pedal Injection Magnesium Alloy Body Cr-Mo Machined 9/16″ Screw Thread Spindle Ultra DU/Sealed Bearings
- 9. The VP Components VP-Vice Pedals (Pack of 2)
- 8. The Crankbrothers Double Shot Hybrid Bike Pedal – Flat/Clipped-In City Bicycle Pedal, Premium Bearings and Seals
- 7. The Imrider Lightweight Polyamide Bike Pedals for BMX Road MTB Bicycle
- 6. The MZYRH Mountain Bike Pedals, Ultra Strong Colorful CNC Machined 9/16″ Cycling Sealed 3 Bearing Pedals
- 5. The ROCKBROS MTB Pedals Mountain Bike Pedals Lightweight Nylon Fiber Bicycle Platform Pedals for BMX MTB 9/16″
- 4. The Crankbrothers Stamp Flat BMX/MTB Bike Pedal – Platform Bicycle Pedal, Minimal Profile, Adjustable Grip
- 3. The FOOKER MTB Pedals Mountain Bike Pedals 3 Bearing Non-Slip Lightweight Nylon Fiber Bicycle Platform Pedals for BMX MTB 9/16″
- 2. The SHIMANO PD-M530 Mountain Pedals
- 1. The RaceFace Chester Mountain Bike Pedal
- Purchasing the Right Mountain Bike Pedals – Buying Guide
Best Mountain Bike Pedals
10. The MEETLOCKS Bike Pedal Injection Magnesium Alloy Body Cr-Mo Machined 9/16″ Screw Thread Spindle Ultra DU/Sealed Bearings
Manufactured to perform well on a variety of terrain, these mountain bike pedals incorporate a unique skid resistant design. It is a premium product for all – whether you have just gotten into biking or have been riding mountain bikes for years.
The concave 4 by 4 inch platform shape ensures maximum comfort even on long rides. With an unparalleled paddling efficiency, they definitely make it into the top 10 mountain bike pedals of today.
These mountain bike pedals have non skid pins to avoid slipping off. And if these pins become worn out, just replace them with new ones!
9. The VP Components VP-Vice Pedals (Pack of 2)
Number nine on our list goes to no other than the VP Components VP-Vice Pedals. Made with superior quality CNC machined aluminium, they combine both – durability and weightlessness.
This makes these mountain bike pedals the perfect choice for anyone who is looking to get the best of both worlds. Whether you value comfort more, or put more importance towards performance, you are not going to be disappointed with these.
There are 14 replaceable backout steel pins per side in these mountain bike pedals. Hence, a steady grip is ensured.
8. The Crankbrothers Double Shot Hybrid Bike Pedal – Flat/Clipped-In City Bicycle Pedal, Premium Bearings and Seals
These Doubleshot mountain bike pedals by the Crank Brothers are another superior quality pedal that cannot be ignored. The best thing about these is the ability to control your riding situation.
These mountain bike pedals allow you to ride flat when you are only going on a small cruise and cannot be bothered to put up the cleats. When you want a longer bike riding session, simply clip in the and instantly maximize your efficiency!
The aluminum and stainless steel construction makes sure that you will get the most use out of these mountain bike pedals. The corrosion and abrasion resistance also adds to their life.
7. The Imrider Lightweight Polyamide Bike Pedals for BMX Road MTB Bicycle
The rank number seven on the list is taken by the very well deserving Imrider Polyamide mountain bike pedals. These offer all the great things that other mountain bike pedals have to offer but do so at a fraction of the price.
The best part about these mountain bike pedals? You can use them in virtually any bike! These are compatible with BMX, cruisers bicycle, kids’ bikes, road bicycles, MTB bicycle, mountain bicycles, junior bicycle, city bicycle, and much more.
Superior grip, great comfort, increased durability – with these mountain bike pedals, you get it all!
6. The MZYRH Mountain Bike Pedals, Ultra Strong Colorful CNC Machined 9/16″ Cycling Sealed 3 Bearing Pedals
Next up, we have the waterproof mountain bike pedals by MZYRH. Weighing only 0.45 pounds, they are extremely comfortable to use even for long distances. The product dimensions are 4.1 x 3.58 x 1 inches.
The use of high strength aluminium alloy for construction makes these mountain bike pedals durable and stress resistant. Add that to the waterproof element and you have got yourself some mountain bike pedals that will last for years.
Available in attractive colours, they look as good as they perform. And if you are not satisfied with the set you purchased, simply exchange them with an easy exchange or return policy.
5. The ROCKBROS MTB Pedals Mountain Bike Pedals Lightweight Nylon Fiber Bicycle Platform Pedals for BMX MTB 9/16″
This list of the best mountain bike pedals would be incomplete if we did not discuss the RockBros MTB Lightweight Nylon Fiber Pedals. Providing quality with affordability, these are one of the favourites in the biking community.
These have a rugged nylon fibre surface that makes them durable. The anti skid nails ensure that your feet will not be slipping off of the pedals, and the wide 4.1 inch platform provides more than enough space for sure footing.
Another important point to note with these mountain bike pedals is their universal compatibility. They are suitable to be used with any kind of bike imaginable.
4. The Crankbrothers Stamp Flat BMX/MTB Bike Pedal – Platform Bicycle Pedal, Minimal Profile, Adjustable Grip
The Crank Brothers never disappoint with their superior quality products. Here again, they come in with mountain bike pedals that are in the best of the best.
The Stamp Flat BMX and Mountain bike pedals are a size specific, concave platform pedals that all the pro bikers are raving about. The incredible grip combined with the matchless comfort makes these mountain bike pedals the best one with a shoe size between 5 to 10 (US sizes).
Only the most high quality materials go into the manufacturing of these mountain bike pedals. Featuring premium Igus and Enduro bearings, these pedals are a dream come true for pro bikers.
3. The FOOKER MTB Pedals Mountain Bike Pedals 3 Bearing Non-Slip Lightweight Nylon Fiber Bicycle Platform Pedals for BMX MTB 9/16″
If you are one to value performance over all else, then the Fooker Mountain Bike Pedals is what you need to get your hands on – or rather, your feet on. These incredible mountain bike pedals stand third on this list, and rightly so.
These mountain bike pedals feature a wide platform for more comfortable and sure footing. With more room to place your foot, there is less chance of it slipping off.
They are incredibly long lasting, provide an excellent grip and sure footing, and can be used with virtually any bike ever invented. What more could one want?!
2. The SHIMANO PD-M530 Mountain Pedals
When you are not one to compromise on ‘fairly good enough’, these Shimano Mountain Bike Pedals will save the day.
We already know how Shimano’s signature pedaling dynamics are above all the other brands. However, with these pedals, they go yet another step further than all the rest.
These mountain bike pedals make use of ingenious and innovative technology to integrate the pedal and outsole in a single working unit. Eliminating toe clips from the design, this makes for a single, unified power transfer system that is even more efficient than before.
1. The RaceFace Chester Mountain Bike Pedal
Finally, the largely coveted first place on our list is taken by none other than the RaceFace Chester Mountain Bike Pedals. The 10 inch wide and 1 inch high pedal is everything you could hope and wish for.
These mountain bike pedals give you the signature quality of imported and approved goods. From the material that goes into manufacturing to the performance once the product has been assembled, everything is checked under strict standards.
Built sturdily, it will last you for years without needing to be replaced. The performance does justice to the price quoted and the value for money is exceptional.
Purchasing the Right Mountain Bike Pedals – Buying Guide
So, these were what we consider to be the best of the very best when it comes to mountain bike pedals. Which of these did you like the best? Would you buy any of these for your own use? And if so, which ones would make it to your cart?