Baths have been existing since ancient times making the act of bathing or showering as amongst the most important tasks to perform on an everyday basis. As per statistics, 58% of men and 63% of women take shower at least one time a day. It would be right to prioritize functionality as well as the design of the showering environment of a house, no matter how small or big the actual space is.
Additionally, the bathroom stands at number 4 in the list of most popular or best rooms in a house. This is a very high ranking considering all major spaces in a house, the kitchen, living room, and master bedroom, each possesses their own personality and style. So it is understandable to consider the bathroom as a special space of tranquility and peace.
This is why paying attention to every detail like taps, shower doors, accessories, etc. in your bathroom is necessary. A right shower door will not only enhance your showering experience but also the overall appearance of your bathroom. However, currently, dozens of different types of shower doors are being sold with varying materials used to make them, methods to operate, and their features. This article, Top 10 Best Shower Doors in 2020, aims to guide the readers through the ten best shower doors to help them in making the right purchase.
- Best Shower Door Review
- 10. DreamLine Aqua Fold Frameless Bi-Fold Tub Door with Extender Panel in Chrome
- 9. KOHLER K-702207-L-NX Fluence 3/8-Inch Thick Glass Bypass Shower Door, Brushed Nickel
- 8. DreamLine Infinity-Z 56-60 in. W x 72 in. H Semi-Frameless Sliding Shower Door, Clear Glass in Brushed Nickel
- 7. VIGO 40 x 40 Left Open Frameless Round Sliding Shower Enclosure with Tempered Glass and 304 Stainless Steel Hardware
- 6. VIGO Elan 56 to 60-in. Frameless Sliding Tub Door with .375-in. Clear Glass and Chrome Hardware
- 5. DreamLine SHDR-64607610-07 Enigma Air Frameless Sliding Glass Shower Door, 56-60″ W, x 76″ H, Brushed Stainless Steel
- 4. Vigo VG6011CHCL40 Monteray 38.25 in. x 73.375 in. Frameless Corner Hinged Shower Enclosure in Chrome with Clear Glass
- 3. DreamLine Infinity-Z 44-48 in. W x 72 in. H Semi-Frameless Sliding Shower Door, Clear Glass in Chrome
- 2. VIGO VG6041CHCL6074 Elan 56 – 60 Inch Sliding Frameless Shower Door with 3/8” Clear Glass and 304 Stainless Steel Hardware, in Chrome Finish
- 1. DreamLine Enigma-X 56-60 in. W x 76 in. H Fully Frameless Sliding Shower Door in Brushed Stainless Steel, SHDR-61607610-07
- How to Select the Right Shower Door?
Best Shower Door Review
10. DreamLine Aqua Fold Frameless Bi-Fold Tub Door with Extender Panel in Chrome
This door is brilliant shower door in chrome packaging. Pan door uses perpetual self-centering rotation system that allows for exit for the pan and pivoting section. The door does not take a lot of space. So, it is more suitable for smaller bathrooms. The structure of this shower door is reversible and one can insert it in the right as well as left profile. Moreover, the door comes with a limited lifetime warranty.
9. KOHLER K-702207-L-NX Fluence 3/8-Inch Thick Glass Bypass Shower Door, Brushed Nickel
It is an up-to-date and sleek door that is amongst the premium sunroof doors currently. The glass utilized to make this door is tempered, warm, and thick. Due to a unique cover on glass, the water drains from the surface instead of remaining there. So, the door is easy to clean. The door also has towel rails outside as well as inside the stationary table. To give a more premium appeal, the towel rails are bent and this door’s metal parts are brushed nickel.
8. DreamLine Infinity-Z 56-60 in. W x 72 in. H Semi-Frameless Sliding Shower Door, Clear Glass in Brushed Nickel
The door is made using 6 mm thick and ANSI certified tempered glass. It is reversible for a left or right door opening to fit any specific layout. There is a convenient and intuitive towel bar as well. This door offers a modern touch to the classic style and adds an elegant and sophisticated touch to your bathroom.
7. VIGO 40 x 40 Left Open Frameless Round Sliding Shower Enclosure with Tempered Glass and 304 Stainless Steel Hardware
This shower door is equipped with stainless steel that is guaranteed not to chip or rust. It is made using certified clear tempered glass to ensure optimal resilience and safety. It also has a sturdy stainless-steel rail, which is reinforced to withstand heavyweight. It comes with a roller disk technology for effortless opening and closing of the door. The base is made using enduring fiberglass composite with the wooden reinforcements.
6. VIGO Elan 56 to 60-in. Frameless Sliding Tub Door with .375-in. Clear Glass and Chrome Hardware
This reversible door with right or left-sided installation comes with a frameless glass design. It has wall mount brackets as well to accommodate the out-of-plumb walls. To make this door more durable, its construction hardware material is stainless steel. Moreover, it is ANSI Z97.1 certified. The door is made in such a way that water does go on the other side of the door, and does not stay on the door.
5. DreamLine SHDR-64607610-07 Enigma Air Frameless Sliding Glass Shower Door, 56-60″ W, x 76″ H, Brushed Stainless Steel
This is a beautiful shower door that will definitely add elegance to your bathroom. The shower door is fully frameless for offering spacious and open feeling. The stationary panel is hitched to the wall by 1-inch anodized aluminum U-channel. The door is made using a 10 mm thick clear tempered glass, which is ANSI certified and has a stain and water-resistant coating.
4. Vigo VG6011CHCL40 Monteray 38.25 in. x 73.375 in. Frameless Corner Hinged Shower Enclosure in Chrome with Clear Glass
To make this door resistant to chipping and rusting, 304 series stainless steel is used. It is made using 3/8 inch clear tempered glass. The door comes with magnalock technology, which means it has magnetic seal strips to keep the door watertight. Also, the glass used is ANSI certified.
3. DreamLine Infinity-Z 44-48 in. W x 72 in. H Semi-Frameless Sliding Shower Door, Clear Glass in Chrome
This sliding shower door is made using 6 mm thick tempered glass and can be fitted for left or right door opening as per the user’s specific layout. There is a convenient towel bar on stationary panel as well.
2. VIGO VG6041CHCL6074 Elan 56 – 60 Inch Sliding Frameless Shower Door with 3/8” Clear Glass and 304 Stainless Steel Hardware, in Chrome Finish
This shower door is built to last, as it is made using stainless steel hardware and ANSI Z97.1 glass certification, which can withstand the weight and is resistant to damage. This frameless design will add to the beauty of your bathroom as well as is very functional. The door is customizable to your place with right or left side installation. The glass is spot, hard water, and fingerprint-resistant, and comes with seal strip to make sure water does not leak.
1. DreamLine Enigma-X 56-60 in. W x 76 in. H Fully Frameless Sliding Shower Door in Brushed Stainless Steel, SHDR-61607610-07
The frameless sliding shower door gives a modern yet minimalist aesthetic, as well as spacious and open feel. This door comes with exceptional quality as it is made using an innovative mix of stainless steel hardware and glass. This 3/8 inch thick clear tempered glass is certified and is treated with the ClearMax Technology by DreamLine. This makes the door water repellant as well as stain-resistant. It also has a reversible installation feature and will fit in almost all the bathrooms.
How to Select the Right Shower Door?
A shower door is an exceptional space-saving option for your home. There is a wide range of shower doors to choose from, and the above-mentioned list covers the best ones out there. Choosing the right door is not that difficult if you measure the space rightly and know about what you want in the door.
Even if you do not know how to install the door, you can take help from any of the professionals who have years of experience in installing shower doors. Once a shower door is installed, it is meant to last for a long time. This is why you should correctly measure the space two or three times to make sure the door you will be buying fits your bathroom aptly.